Rhode Island may be a small state, but it contains a disproportionately large section of the East Coast Greenway, a 3000-mile bike tour down the Atlantic Coast that links Canada to Key West, Florida. Our favorite bicycle trail in Rhode Island is the East Bay Bike Path. It offers a fairly flat ride with scenic views of Narragansett Bay and local marshlands as well as easy access to myriad downtown eateries, several small state parks and conservation areas, and the Rhode Island Audubon Society Environmental Education Center, which provides a great educational experience for young and old alike.
Rhode Island Bike Trails
- Phenix-Harris Riverwalk – 0.3 mile – dirt
- West Warwick Riverwalk – 0.4 mile – asphalt
- Arkwright Riverwalk – 0.8 mile – dirt, wood chips
- Warren Bike Path – 0.9 mile – asphalt – Down-and-back route (GPX track, TCX course)
- Stillwater Scenic Walkway – 1 mile – crushed stone, dirt – Route (GPX track, TCX course)
- Burrillville Bike Path – 1.2 miles – asphalt
- Quonset Point Bike Path – 2.5 miles – asphalt
- Ten Mile River Greenway – 3 miles – asphalt – Route (GPX track, TCX course)
- Fred Lippitt Woonasquatucket River Greenway – 6 miles – asphalt – Partial route
- William C. O’Neill Bike Path – 6.8 miles – asphalt – Route (GPX track, TCX course)
- Blackstone River Greenway (RI) – 11.8 miles – asphalt – Route (GPX track, TCX course)
- East Bay Bike Path – 14 miles – asphalt – Route (GPX track, TCX course)
- Washington Secondary Bike Path – 18.9 miles – asphalt – Down-and-back route (GPX track, TCX course)
If you know of (or have ridden and created) a more accurate one-way route on RideWithGPS for any of these Rhode Island bike trails, please let us know so that we can improve this page.
Rhode Island Trails on the East Coast Greenway
- Blackstone River Greenway (RI) – 10 miles
- East Bay Bike Path – 10 miles (14.5 miles on the complementary route)
If you have limited time in Rhode Island, we highly recommend you explore some of the options in Newport and consider plotting a trip that takes you along the coast. You should also take some time to walk along the Cliff Walk, especially if it’s a beautiful day.